Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Micah!

Today is Micah's 4th birthday. I can't believe that my baby is four years old! It is bittersweet I must say. For the first time this summer we actually went places like the Genesee Country Village and Museum and all on our trip to Florida, without a stroller or diaper bag for the first time in 11 years(though I do miss having a place to put things!) and it's nice to have 5 children that can get in and out of the van themselves and 5 potty trained kids too, don't forget! It's wierd not having an infant or small toddler around! It's really nice actually! But at the same time I am sad that I don't have a nursing baby, little clothes, all those cute milestones the first year of a baby's life and so forth. My daughter will be 12 in a few weeks and though that's hard for me to believe, I've realized that there will still be milestones, and lots of new adventures as we start crossing into this new chapter in life. I just pray that as the years continue on, that we'll have 5 children that grow to love the Lord more each day and make it their heart's desire to serve Him.

Making Micah's cake.

Micah blowing out his candles.
Micah with his new, cozy John Deere blanket!
Happy Birthday!

3John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. I am here right now. My baby will be 4 in December and it is so very strange. I no longer carry a diaper bag anywhere. (I do keep a spare diaper in the van though just in case)! And I am finding too that going places has gotten easier. But still, I am missing babies a ton!! Happy Birthday Micah.