Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hello Again!

I can't stand seeing the title, "Why I Left Facebook" any longer on my blog everytime I log on to visit my friends blogs. So, while I am sitting for my weekly half hour viewing of the only show I watch, 18 Kids and Counting, I am updating my blog. Gotta love multi-tasking!!

A lot has been going on since I last posted but I am not even going to try and write it all! There's been many blessings and praises in the last almost 2 months, but also some trials have arose. Nothing though that the Lord is not in control of and cannot handle! It's been fun to see how He's been working in my life and those around me lately. Answered prayers always amaze me whether it's the answer I wanted or not. God is faithful and His way of handling a situation is so different than mine. Good thing, too!

Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD."

At the beginning of November, I decided to take on the task of painting 3 bedrooms, a hallway, kitchen and living room in one of our landlords properties across the street from us. I knew it was alot to take on with 5 children, homeschooling, keeping up with laundry at home, meals and whatever other chores I do on a daily basis. Though I was anxious for it to be finished by the end of the 10 days it took, mainly because the kids were tired of that routine and not having any mommy time, God gave me the strength to finish. My father was a blessing the last day I was working as he offered to come out and help me finish up the last of the painting. Phew! It sure was nice to be finished and it came out great!

We've been sewing up some Christmas gifts which has been fun. I forgot just how much I enjoy sewing! I also have had my first sewing student come for lessons and that has been good. I'm glad that I can pass along my knowledge of sewing to someone else. Of course, my girls love sewing and maybe they will do the same thing someday.

Well, that's all for now. The Duggars are over and I'd best get the big kids tucked into bed and I will be following shortly!

I'm going to leave you with a few pictures from our life lately. I really haven't taken too many unfortunatley...

I forgot we made applesauce in October...



A dress Sarah and I made for her doll last week.It snowed for the 1st time this winter last night so the kids all went out to play before breakfast. The snow was all gone by lunch time though.



Psalm 7:17 "I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high. "

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The applesauce looks yummy. I love putting fruit in jars and putting up for winter. Such a good feeling.