Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The True Meaning of Christmas


Wow! I cannot believe just how long it's been since I last posted! I am amazed at how time flies. I am hoping to start blogging again in the near future as it seemed to keep me accountable. By that I mean, I wanted to always try to write something of value. Well, let's just say that it would keep me accountable to God because I would try to write on what He showed me through my daily reading and life. My quiet time has been lacking lately, to say the least. I NEED to get back on track with a lot of things and the most important is my daily walk with the Lord. I don't spend a lot of time on Facebook let's say, but I do check it periodically throughout the day. Though it may take just a few minutes, I still have time for that. I should then, have a few moments at least to spend with God, shouldn't I??

Given that Christmas is upon us, I have been listening to Christmas music. One song that really has spoken to me this season is "While you were sleeping". The lyrics to this are so true and when I first heard it, I was taken aback for a moment because things that they are singing about, happen to be things that had recently been on my mind. I don't exactly know why, but they were. I am glad to hear that there are people out there that are not afraid to step on anyone else's toes and say it like it is.

Here are the lyrics to the song:

Oh little town of Bethlehem
Looks like another silent night
Above your deep and dreamless sleep
A giant star lights up the sky
And while you’re lying in the dark
There shines an everlasting light
For the King has left His throne
And is sleeping in a manger tonight, tonight
Oh Bethlehem, what you have missed while you were sleeping
For God became a manAnd stepped into your world today
Oh Bethlehem, you will go down in historyAs a city with no room for its King
While you were sleepingWhile you were sleepingOh little town of JerusalemLooks like another silent night
The Father gave His only SonThe Way, the Truth, the Life had come
But there was no room for Him in the world He came to save
Jerusalem, what you have missed while you were sleeping
The Savior of the world is dying on your cross todayJerusalem, you will go down in historyAs a city with no room for its KingWhile you were sleepingWhile you were sleeping
United States of AmericaLooks like another silent night
As we’re sung to sleep by philosophies
That save the trees and kill the children
And while we’re lying in the darkThere’s a shout heard ‘cross the eastern skyFor the Bridegroom has returnedAnd has carried His bride away in the night, in the nightAmerica, what will we miss while we are sleeping
Will Jesus come againAnd leave us slumbering where we layAmerica, will we go down in historyAs a nation with no room for its KingWill we be sleeping?Will we be sleeping?
United States of America
Looks like another silent night

MERRY CHRISTMAS and may we all remember that while presents and food and decorations etc. is fun, without God sending His son to earth, we wouldn't have the most important gift anyone can ever receive...eternal life! Thank you God! :o)

No comments: