Many topics have been on my mind that I'd like to write about, but I think this particular one should take precedence over the others. I say that because after all, everything pretty much hinges upon this.
I am going to speak about Biblical submission in regards to the wife. Now before you all roll your eyes and read someone else's blog because you've heard this a million times, just use this as a refresher course! :o) I need to hear it and be reminded myself.
I believe that a lot of marriage problems today stem from the fact that wives are not in their proper place. I tell my children when they are out of line that they've stepped out of God's order. I explain to them that the head of this house is God, then their Daddy, their Mommy, and finally themselves. God made the order that way for a reason! He knows best. But today I am seeing in Christian homes that the wives are not in the right place. They have barged in front of their husbands, thus ruining God's order, and it's reaking havoc in many homes and marriages. Now before I go on, I should put a disclaimer here - No, I do not have a perfect marriage, nor am I perfect, but by God's grace and mercy, I am learning.
So, I am going to attempt to speak the truth about submission with grace(As Pastor Grace preached about in a recent sermon - speaking the truth with grace.)
When we as women were married, we left our parents and were no longer under the authority of our father, but now under the authority of our husband.
We are now to become one with our husband. "For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh." Ephesians 5:31
As women, we are the weaker vessel. This is not a handicap! No, God didn't mess up when He created us, He made us that way on purpose!!! Now I know I am going to make someone mad when I say that I am not for all these liberal women. Half the time I see all these politician women, I tell them to go home where they should be! Who wants a woman president anyway? With all the hormonal issues women have, I'd hate to see what might happen if an important decision was to be made but the president was PMSing! LOL! Of course, maybe if we had a woman vice-president right now, our country might be better off!! Hmm, I might have to rethink what I just said!!
Ok, sorry 'bout that! Where was I? Oh yes, women are the weaker vessel. I am not going to get into all the "anything boys can do, girls can do better" thing, but stick to what God says in His Word. The Bible says, God created us male and female. "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created He them." Genesis 1:27
There was and is a difference(in case anyone didn't know that!) This is not a bad thing! I am saddend to hear women speak of their gender being a handicap. I am glad to be under my husband's authority because there are many decisions I am thankful I don't have to make!! :o) I mean really, why is the world trying so hard to have equality between men and women? If God wanted women to be just like men and have the same roles, strength, look, responsibilities, etc., wouldn't he have created us the same?
Moving on-
God also says we are to be a help meet to our husbands. "And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him." Genesis 2:18
See? Men really need us! Don't let that go to your head now ladies! :o) Seriously, we are a team. We are one, remember? Ephesians 5:31
I am honored to be there for my husband and serve him. We need to honor and reverence them. Not undermind, belittle, and try to usurp authority over them. "...and the wife see that she reverence her husband." Ephesians5:33
We all want to be our own boss. Nobody likes being told what to do or how to do it. And believe me when I say that I can be queen in this area! Sometimes I get the, "how dare you tell me what I need to do, or how to do" attitude. "I am not dumb! After all, I am an adult you know!" But it's more than that. It's more than our husbands "telling" us what or how or when to do something.
It's God's way of protecting us.
No comments:
Post a Comment