So there we were watching the combine do it's work, like we often do-just pull off the road and watch for a bit, only this time we told Micah he was going on it! Well, he started crying! Not exactly the reaction we expected from him! He was faced with what he was so excited to do, and he cried!! I couldn't believe it!
Then the man walked over to us and there sat Micah crying and buckling himself back into his car seat! I knew he would regret not going for a ride so, Dan ended up carring his stiff, crying, terrified body to the combine! Of course, as soon as he climbed up, he was just fine! When the ride was finished he couldn't stop smiling!
One caring neighbor, one willing farmer, and two encouraging parents equals one happy, smiling, little boy and future John Deere farmer!
Therefore said he unto them, "The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send labourers into his harvest." Luke 10:2
1 comment:
Hi Cheryl:
I love your blog site, how you have it set up and the fall colors. Uncle Steve & I enjoyed the story of Micah and the Combine ride! It is funny how children sometimes react an entirely different way than we think they will! You did a great job of writing the story and we loved the outcome of it. Thank you for sharing.
Love you, Aunt Paula
Post a Comment