So one spring day after visiting a friends house that had alpacas, my 11 year old says, "I want an alpaca for my birthday." His father and I just laughed. Chickens were a big step for us back in March so an alpaca was out of the question!
Forward a few months to August and look what joined our family! And of course, you cant get just one alpaca because they are a herd animal, so meet Blizzard and Jack! These are our two Huacaya alpaca yearlings. They are just turning a year old.
We love them! They are one of God's coolest creatures! Alpacas are so calm and curious and great fun to sit in the middle of the pasture and watch. Now that they are well aclamated to our family, its time to start training them. That I'm sure will be an adventure!
I will try to get you caught up on our summer in the coming weeks as it was interesting and flew by way too fast! Until then, enjoy the picures of the alpacas!
 |
2 comments:
Hi these are nice pics of your new additions, Cheryl! They're so cute! Jena O.
Really like the pictures you put on!!! It was a nice day when we were all there.We can call you our Little Farm girl. Glad the kids are enjoying them!!! :-)
Post a Comment