I couldn't sleep this morning for some reason despite my going to bed at 1:30am(perhaps the 2 cups of coffee I had late last night while celebrating my friend's birthday!). I woke up a bit after 6am and looked out back to the beautiful wonder of God's creation. The sky behind our house was the most gorgeous pink and with the white backdrop of snow was breathtaking. I captured it as best I could and a few minutes later, the pink was gone!
I decided that I needed to get on my coat and face the cold to see what other beautiful scenes I could capture. It was so very peaceful as I walked around the house. All I could hear was the the crunch of the wet snow(perfect "snowman" snow by the way) under my feet, the birds singing their praises and the sound of geese down the road in the flooded field. A few geese flew by squawking like crazy in confusion thinking they must have taken a wrong turn somewhere because after all, it is by the calendar, Spring! Isn't it?!
Before I was ready to go in, I thought of those crocus' my children had showed me yesterday. I gently moved away the snow where I had seen them and saw that though the snow was very wet and heavy, it had not damaged the fragile new life protruding from the ground. How amazing!
It's been a long time since I've been awake early enough before my children, to go outside and enjoy the tranquility of the morning. What a nice change of pace to my day to take in God's wonders and get today started on the right foot! Enjoy the other pictures!
Last, but not least, the birds enjoying their breakfast! :o)
3 comments:
I loved this post. Makes me long for the tranquility (and spring). The crocus's reminded me that as long as we are firmly rooted in the Lord the storms that come are way can't break us down but we can grow from it. - - Thanks Cheryl, I enjoy reading your posts. - - -Sarah Hinds
Beautiful! I was a bit bummed about the snow so late in March, but was thankful that it was, at least, beautiful and it gave my kids one more chance to play in it!
NOW...Spring may come!!! PLEASE!!
pretty pictures... but I too am glad the snow is gone!
Post a Comment