Monday, May 11, 2009

Can it Be??

I'm finding it hard to believe that we actually leave for Florida in less than 2 days! Seems like it was just yesterday there were months until we left. A few weeks ago I started pulling out the summer clothes and setting them aside for the trip. They're all packed now in suitcases waiting to be loaded into the van tomorrow. Having a list has really helped in the packing process. I am glad I made one up. I also decided to pack the same amount of clothes for all the children so when it comes time to head home from our vacation, I'll know that they each have 6 pairs of socks, 6 shirts, 2 swimming suits, etc.. I mainly just have all the electronic items to gather. All batteries will be charged tomorrow so they will be full for the ride down. I will fill water bottles tomorrow night and get the snack bag together and then load the cooler bright and early Wednesday morning at 2:30 am. We are planning on pulling out of our driveway at 3am. The older kids say they are going to stay up all night until we leave - maybe that won't be a bad idea! Then they will sleep longer in the van! Probably not though, I'm sure that idea could easily backfire on us! We'll see.

Seeing how fast the time for this trip has flown by makes me think that people's lives are the same way. I thought I had plenty of time to prepare and pack for our trip, which I did, but, time waits for no man. Time does not stand still. There are people in the world that view Jesus the same way. They think that they have plenty of time to decide about spiritual matters so they put God, church, and salvation on the back burner. There's plenty of time to worry about those things later, they think. The Bible says, "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." Matthew 24:36 and "Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come." Matthew 24:42

Why wait?

Romans 13:11 says, "And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed."

As our Pastor said in a recent sermon, he has never met anyone that has regretted their decision to accept Jesus as their Savior. I totally agree with him. Trusting Jesus as your Lord and Savior will be one decision in your life that you can know without a doubt, will only bring good into your life- for eternity. Choosing a good job, house, clothes, homeschool curriculum, where to shop for groceries, etc., etc., are important, but only temporary. Accepting Jesus is a permanent decision which will give you life eternal with Him in Heaven. What could be better than that???

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 3:36 "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

2 comments:

Cinnamon said...

Wow you must be so excited to be getting on the road! How fun!! Take lots of pictures so we can see them when you return.

~Cinnamon

Susan said...

Safe travels :0)


So true, so true...Time waits for no one...Great post!