This has been a very long week. I am so glad that God gave me the strength to get through it!
Until tonight I barely saw or spoke to my husband as he had meeting after meeting for work or church every night. We are preparing to go on a family vacation to Florida soon so I am trying my best to prepare now so as not to wait until the last minute. Time is flying by and soon the day will be upon us. I don't want to get all stressed a few days before and frantically pack. I won't even be able to anyway, since I have a softball game the night before we leave. I want this trip to be very relaxing(as relaxing as it can be with 5 children anyway) and that includes packing also. I have been getting the kids clothes together bit by bit over the last week. Since I don't have all their summer ones out yet, it makes it easier. Tomorrow I will throw some in the washer to freshen them and then put them in the appropriate suitcases.
We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends(our neighbor and landlords) who are giving us the keys and use of their house in Florida. They stay there in the winter months only. I cannot tell you just how much I am looking forward to getting away. No alarm clocks to wake me up, no school to teach, no cleaning, no organizing, no yard work, no piano lessons or Awana verses to teach, just time with my family. One on one time without any distractions. I am excited to see their expressions as they see new things for the first time. I am clearing lots of space on our camera's memory card to capture all those moments. :o)
Next week will be busy too, but at least I will have my husband around in the evenings. :o) Amidst all of the hullabaloo there have been small blessings throughout the week, also. God is good and knows how to take care of us and just what we need. No, I am not going to get hassled this week as I pack and prepare for our trip. I am going to cheerfully pack and get ready one step at a time...with God's help.
Psalm 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
3 comments:
How fun - Florida!! Where in Fl? John and I were married in Orlando and we have a brick in the walkway outside of where we were married.
Hoping it's completely renewing and relaxing for you all~ Cinnamon
Oh is this an awesome thing. I hope you all have a lovely time. And above all be safe.
Sounds like fun. I enjoy your blog. Blessings!
Jessica
Post a Comment