Through it all though, I was reading my Bible daily, but nothing was sinking in. I was praying but I couldn't focus and would have to keep starting over. I was asked to do a devotion for our Ladies Softball League, but I couldn't come up with anything. I do believe I am in a "dry spell."
Not much improved over this weekend and after being gone all day Saturday, I was drained and not feeling well, so stayed home from church. Ugh, I really hate times like this.
Not to mention that the pressure of the everyday life of a homeschooling mom can stink at times. I was supposed to give standarized tests last week, but those will be given tomorrow, the kids are still not finished with their book work even though according to my calendar we should've been done the first week of May, I have an eight year old who I am supposed to be starting a new program with as my suspisions of him being Dyslexic were confirmed a month ago, as well being diagnosed with having Dysgraphia, and I hope to start the teacher(me) intensive program tomorrow also. I am really thinking that I want to go back to Florida for another vacation-SOON! :o)
This isn't the first time I've had a dry spell in my life, nor will it be the last, and soon it will be just a memory. For I know that God is still there listening to me and waiting for me to get just what He's trying to teach me this time. Last Friday was our last Bible Study for the semester, and our teacher that night was teaching on how important having quiet time with the Lord is. And I am going to add to what he said, and say that even when you're having that quiet time with God and you don't hear anything from Him, don't give up. Keep listening because He is definitely listening to you and is just waiting for us to lean on Him during these times. God has NEVER let me down even though I have Him, and I know without a doubt, He never will.
So now go and find that quiet place for you to spend time with the Lord, and I will too. :o)
1Ki 19:9 And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?
1Ki 19:10 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.
1Ki 19:11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
1Ki 19:12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
No comments:
Post a Comment